Sunday 31 July 2011

Odd is Yes... Even is No...

My week as a dice man is coming to an end as I sit here on Sunday afternoon.  Let me reflect on the past 7 days.  Firstly, let me just say that I did not take this idea and use it for EVERY decision I made.  Put simply, I wouldn't have had time...

The first big decision I had to make came on Monday morning at about 10.10am.  One of my best mates texted me to see whether I wanted to 'take the day off work' to go and watch the final day of the 1st Test match between England & India at Lords.  Now at this point of course I was at work.  What did I do?  I rolled the dice!  It said NO!  Phew!  Thank you.  If my boss is happening to read this of course I'd never have gone ;-) and I respect the dice's decision of course...

On Tuesday and Wednesday I went to the iTunes Festival at The Roundhouse.  On both nights the dice had a big part to play but on Tuesday it took centre stage.  On the way to the gig, Northern line, me and a mate, odd = shot of black sambuca, even = nothing, until the half lucozade bottle was done.  The dice then told us to get a bottle of Crabbies each from Sainsbury's, then chose out of a selection of bars for us to head to a small Belgian bar to drink random native beers served by our now good Polish friend Machete.  On to the gig.  Amazing night.  Great music.  All drinks decided by the dice.  Numbered spirits 1-6, odd shot, even with mixer - cue mahem!  Even managed to get Katy B and Artwork involved at the 'after party'!

Overall, to sum up I'd say that using the dice to make decisions was a really fun experience, and I couldn't possibly mention them all - although I almost forgot to mention the fact that I got a 'tattoo'! (see picture left) That was pretty wild! - On a night out I definitely would suggest that you try it out as it most certainly adds something to an evening!  And also if ever you are struggling to make a decision, whether that be do I go here or there, or what shall I eat on the menu...  Use the dice!  It stops all indecision and you can't argue with it... Because it's just a dice...

Let me know if anyone out there is inspired to do similar... I will certainly be keeping my dice on me in future...

1 comment:

  1. I came across this post as I've been making some of my decisions with a dice in the past week and wondered if anyone else did it. Glad I'm not the only one! Nice post..

    ReplyDelete