Sunday 24 July 2011

The Dice Man...

For the next week, I will be living life and making decisions on the roll of a dice.

The inspiration behind the idea originates from one of the story lines in the recent Luther series (for anyone who watched it I will not be carrying around a bat and acid-water pistol!).  I then had conversations with fellow Luther fans who mentioned The Dice Man, a 1971 book by Luke Rhinehart about a fictional character who basically lives his life on the roll of a dice.  Apparently he took this a little bit too far.

I will simply roll the dice to make decisions on everything in which I am given an option (except anything illegal or that might loose me my job!), from what to wear to work, to whether or not to go to an event I'm invited to, to what drink to order at lunch.  

Hopefully it will be interesting, enjoyable, and I'll end up doing things I might not have normally.

I'll blog about the 'results' at the end of the week... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment