Friday 29 April 2011

Post-match analysis of The Royal Wedding...

Ok so having watched that I feel I should shared my slightly updated view on the whole occasion...

I still feel that it is a strange phenomenon to celebrate the wedding of two individuals whom we have never met - amazingly only 2 BILLION people viewed the wedding - that is a third of the entire world's population!  I can't fathom why so many people would go to such efforts to be part of it - traveling from all around the world to stand in a crowd of thousands with the hope of catching a quick glimpse of the couple...

I did watch the coverage of the ceremony.  Quite a few friends of the family came over for a small party filled with Champagne, Union Jacks and scones.  If a friend had organised a round of golf or a game of 5-a-side I would have joined... But as I was at home I joined the congregation on the sofa...
I have to admit... I'm glad I watched... Even though the views expressed in my previous post still stand I thought the ceremony was absolutely magical... As a couple they looked a picture of beauty, Kate looked truly stunning, and some of the camera shots inside The Abbey were spectacular... It was really nice to see so many people smiling and enjoying the day - and thankfully the good weather - especially with everything that has been going on around the world recently it was refreshing to have a day that, for reasons I still don't quite understand, brought happiness to so many people...

Please subscribe/follow my blog if you think I'm worth listening to...

2 comments:

  1. People who saw it in tv actually could see the kingdom people in the car when people who were actually standing there were too far and they saw just driving cars. Ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Fiasco... For most events the television is the best way to view especially these days with HD, 3D, so many different views and interviews etc... But then being at an event in person always adds an atmosphere than no television picture quality can replicate...

    ReplyDelete